Bilingual Assistant Program Director- Spanish English
Manages the overall organization of a Maryville multi-staff program. Monitors program development to ensure that youth receive appropriate care in a safe and nurturing environment. Ensures the consistent implementation and application of the Maryville philosophy. Engages primarily in the performance of managerial duties.
- Plans and manages the program to provide effective care, counseling, and support for Maryville youth;
- Assures that all activities are conducted with appropriate precautions taken for the safety of the participants;
- Implements the Maryville's policy on Zero Tolerance to Sexual Abuse;
- Implements emergency routines and procedures as necessary;
- Orders food, clothing and hygiene supplies, using central purchasing and inventory system;
- Develops and implements organizational procedures to ensure a daily routine in the program inclusing staff/home schedules, logs, and other organizational tools;
- Conducts daily walk-throughs of residential environment;
- Coordinates with the care team the implementation of case management activities, records documentation, youth treatment plans, and daily schooling, recreation and leisure;
- Provides feedback to staff on their implementation of Maryville policies and procedures and maintenance of professional standards through regular written and informal consultation;
- Documents incidents in Significant Incident Reports and Internal reports;
- Reviews documentation and administrative forms for accuracy and effectiveness, including shift logs, daily case entry logs, significant inscdent and internal incident reports;
- Monitors staff compliance with required training and completes annual performance evaluations;
- Coordinates intakes and discharges in the residential home, in coordination with the Lead case Manager;
- Organizes approved off campus excursions;
- Leads residential staff meetings and oversees client community meetings;
- Participates in continues performance quality improvement;
- Prepares monthly residential reports, and reports on activities and communicates all concerns to supervisor;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in human service related field from an accredited college or university required, plus two years of residential child care experience;
- Minimum of one year of experience appropriate to population being served;
- Minimum of 25 years of age
- Must possess a valid driver's license;
- Bilingual English/Spanish language competency required;
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with Maryville youth, supervisors, coworkers, subordinates, support agencies, and a variety of internal as well as external consumers;
- Ability to analytically problem-solve a variety of situations;
- Ability to cope with crisis situations in a calm, effective manner
- required to frequently sit, stand, bend, stoop and walk, sometimes for extended periods; able to walk up and down stairs
- Required to lift/move objects weighing in excess of 40 pounds;
- Must have visual, hearing, and learning capabilities sufficient to perform the essential functions defined above;
Environment and Scheduling:
- Duties involve contact with youth who may be traumatized;
- Must be flexible in training and scheduling and available to work additional hours, evenings and weekend shifts when necessary;
- Will perform work in and in association with Maryville program settings.
55K -58K yearly salary
HIPAA Privacy Training and Sanctions:
All employees who have access to health information whose confidentiality is protected by the HIPAA Privacy Rule are required by the Rule to receive training so that they have an understanding and knowledge of the Privacy Rule that corresponds to their job responsibilities and of the group health plan's policies and procedures that impact on their job duties. Site specific training on requirements of the HIPAA Privacy Rule and the plan's health information policies and procedures under the direction of the plan primary officer may be required for this position based upon site specific requirements. Employees who violate the requirements of the HIPAA Privacy Rule will be subject to discipline, up to and including termination.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions, and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements fo a person so classifies. Management retains the right to add to or change the duties at any time.