Front Office Supervisor
# of Openings: 1
Category: Front Desk
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Imagine yourself in 1930's Chicago. Chicago celebrated its centennial by hosting the world's fair in 1933. The speakeasies and gangsters were thriving. It was a distinguished time in Chicago's history. The Gwen has a glorious past and an even more glorious future. Rooted in the history and heritage of downtown Chicago in the 1930's, the Gwen serves as a city emblem of this golden era and yet is poised to bring luxury to a future generation of worldly travelers. This unmistakable inspiration comes to life with our historic faade, famously created by sculptress Gwen Lux in 1928. A female artisan making a mark in a predominantly 1930's, male design city depicts and exciting atmosphere of change. The building has been home to many stories in an illustrious past.
Health, dental and vision are just a start. We offer unlimited career potential, top of the line training, free lunch, discounted Ventra cards and we also provide your uniforms. Now we're inviting you to re-create the Gwen experience. Let it be a canvas for your own personal stories
Assist the Front Office Manager in managing the Front Office operations to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service and compliance with corporate/franchise policies and procedures while meeting/exceeding financial goals. Ensure that the arrival, departure, and any other guest contact experience are conducted in an efficient and friendly manner.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff. Assign and instruct guest service agents in details of work. Observes performance and encourages improvement.
- Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Promptly complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote HEI Hotels and Resorts and brand-specific marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Nonverbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate. Close out guest accounts at time of check out.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, traveler's checks and other forms of payment. Perform accurate moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear voice. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for clerks and other associates. Resolve customer complications and complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation and determining the most effective solutions. Make decisions and take action based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising approach to accommodate unusual situation. Authorize revenue allowances to remedy problems only after other alternative solutions have been offered.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred.
- One year experience in customer service in hospitality or similar industry.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Basic mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to stand, walk and continuously perform behind the front desk. Ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and prepare complex reports of room availability and revenues generated.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. PI115239214