Jr. Technical developer (Application Developer and Systems Analyst I)
Close Date: November 15, 2019
Fermilab is America's premier laboratory for particle physics and accelerator research, funded by the U.S. Department of Energy. We support discovery science experiments in Illinois and South Dakota and at locations around the world, including Canada, mountaintops in Arizona and Chile, and the South Pole.
Fermilab's Enterprise Applications Department within the Core Computing Division seeks a Jr. Technical developer (Application Developer and Systems Analyst I). The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting enterprise business systems and services that support the Laboratory's business and scientific organizations. The candidate must have knowledge of one or more business support areas (e.g. Workforce Management, Benefits, Compensation, Performance Management, Payroll etc.) and will work extensively with various organizations throughout the Laboratory. The ability to communicate effectively and work closely with end users is essential. In addition, the candidate should have strong knowledge of one or more software development or implementation methodologies.
As a Junior IT Developer, the employee will work as a member of the Enterprise Applications department's software development team supporting and enhancing Workday Human Capital Management (HCM), PeopleSoft Payroll systems and custom Oracle based applications.
We are looking for
- Bachelor's Degree in information technology or related field
- 1+ years of relevant experience
- Functional knowledge of one or more of the following business areas: Workforce Management, Benefits, Compensation and/or Payroll applications
- Good problem-solving skills
- Basic coding skills
- Experience creating and executing test scenarios to ensure all processes work per predetermined goals.
- Ability to effectively communicate and describe work details and relevant technical matters, both orally and in writing PeopleSoft HCM and Payroll development and maintenance experience, including tax update
- Prefer PeopleTools (Application Engine, Component Interfaces, People Code, Integration Broker) experience
- Prefer experience in developing reports using SQR and BI Publisher, preferred
- Desire experience in developing queries and programs using Oracle SQL, PL/SQ
- Workday certified professionals highly preferred
- Understanding of the Workday data model, a plus
- Experience creating and supporting third-party integrations, ensuring proper flow of HCM related information into and out of HCM Systems, a plus.
- Familiar with Workday HCM and Benefits functionality and design, such as Performance Reviews, Benefit Eligibility and Benefit Open Enrollment is advantageous
- Familiar with Workday Contingent Worker functionality is advantageous
Relocation is not available for this postion
Physical Activity and Work Conditions
Human Factors: Mental Concentration, Sitting, Standing, Tight Work Schedule
Diverse people. Diverse jobs. Great science.
Fermilab is America's particle physics and accelerator laboratory.
Fermilab is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.