J. A. Watts, Inc. (JWI) is a woman-owned professional services firm that believes in treating its clients and employees like family at every level of our company. Our family culture is what we're known for, and we work to stay true to who we are. That's how we manage our projects and how we recruit THE Best People in our industry. Our clients come from all walks of life, and so do we, which makes us stronger together.
Our summer internship program provides a real, hands-on experience of working at J.A. Watts. You will have the opportunity to gain experience on projects, learn from peers, receive ongoing professional development and contribute to the Marketing team. Our program provides a challenging, real-world experience by assisting on day-to-day and project assignments. Each intern is paired with a mentor, who will provide training, answer questions, and be a resource throughout the entire internship.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the senior marketing manager and operations team to develop qualifications, proposals, and presentations
- Write resumes, project descriptions, and other Marketing materials
- Write and Design Marketing collateral
- Write and edit JWI's internal and external announcements and collaborate with other departments for content
- Support content creation for both internal and external company websites, and social media efforts
- Contribute to planning and coordinating special events, conferences, and tradeshows
- Promote corporate branding standards
- Articulate the company's message and assure consistency across all media
- Coordinate public relations and photography
- Maintain digital assets, i.e. photographs and marketing files
- Help maintain marketing calendar
- Maintain marketing and promotional supplies inventory
- Perform other related duties as may be required and assigned
- Make an impact on actual business projects
- Get training and career coaching from mentor and teammates
- Tour project site(s)
- Shadow current full-time employees
- Working towards a bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field
- Beginner experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, especially InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Detail-oriented with strong writing/proofreading skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, work effectively in a team environment and meet deadlines.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.