Sr. Administrative Assistant
We are a passionate, hardworking team deeply committed to solving hunger in Northern Illinois. We are innovators and experts who strive for better and unabashedly embrace opportunities with excitement and optimism. We seek diverse perspectives and believe in the power of collaboration. We celebrate our wins, learn from our misses, laugh often and invest in each team member's potential so that together, we thrive.
Classification : Exempt
Reports To : Executive Administrative Assistant
We are looking for an experienced Senior Administrative Assistant to join our team. You will perform a variety of administrative tasks, including managing phones and emails, scheduling appointments and planning meetings.
For this position, you should be able to use your organizational skills to manage your office space and your time, as you will collaborate with team members in a fast-paced environment. You should also have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Support Executive Leaders and Senior Managers with daily clerical tasks
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
- Answer phone calls, provide information to callers or connect callers to appropriate people
- Manage calendars and schedule internal and external meetings
- Make travel arrangements and reservations
- Compose and type correspondence with little to no errors
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Create spreadsheets and presentations
- Provide general support to team members
- Expense reporting
- Run reports as requested
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies and maintaining files.
- Flexibility to perform tasks assigned outside of job description
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
- Five (5) or more years of experience as a Sr. Administrative Assistant.
- Must be extremely organized, detail-oriented with the ability to work on multiple projects with minimal supervision, and able to work in a fast-paced environment with strong customer service and time-management skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of office management and daily operations
- Working knowledge of office audio visual equipment
- Ability to work as a team member cross functionally, supporting department goals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software required.
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience
Knowledge of expense reporting software
Knowledge of databases
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photo copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the "core" work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and must work 40 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Occasional nights and weekends required.
This position is based out of our West Suburban Center (Geneva) location.
Less than 10%; there may be occasional local day travel.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
(DEI) Northern Illinois Food Bank will embrace opportunities to stand in solidarity with our community and center the voices of those most impacted by systematic injustices. We affirm our commitment to anti-racism, to gender equity, to allyship, and to fairness as we work towards a hunger-free future and to create a better and more just world.
COVID Vaccination Policy
At Northern Illinois Food Bank, we take the health and safety of our employees, neighbors, and their loved ones very seriously. We have concluded that the best way to ensure the safety of these individuals is to require that all our employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Please know that to become employed by NIFB (if otherwise eligible), you must provide satisfactory proof of vaccination. You will not be required to provide this proof unless and until you receive a formal job offer from NIFB. Please also know that NIFB will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals who cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccination because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, observance, or pregnancy.
All applicants who are offered employment with the Northern Illinois Food Bank will be subject to a background investigation. Offers of employment are contingent on the successful completion of a background investigation and drug test conducted in accordance with Northern Illinois Food Bank policy and state law.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Equal employment has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Northern Illinois Food Bank where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, creed, color, marital status, sex, religion, national origin, class origin, nationality, age, physical or mental disability, military status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected class.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.