Vice President of Brand Marketing, CPG
MarketPro has been retained by a leading CPG company in search of a dynamic Vice President of Brand Marketing. One of the fastest-growing large CPG companies in their category, this publicly-traded company continues to boldly pursue ambitious goals that outperform the industry. This role is for a thought and creative leader with expertise managing large marketing budgets (hundreds of millions of dollars) for their iconic brands. They have built a best-in-class portfolio because of their commitment to being courageous brand builders. As this innovative company continues to develop new products to meet consumer demands, they need a best-in-class ambitious pacesetter to lead marketing for their most iconic brand.
Reporting to the Sr. Vice President, Brand Management, the Vice President of Brand Marketing is responsible for driving the growth of the iconic brand via differentiated brand marketing and omnichannel strategies. Working in collaboration with cross-functional and external partners, the VP is accountable for delivering margin and profitability goals for the Brand Portfolio. He/She will foster creativity, generate unbridled enthusiasm for this iconic brand, and identify new and innovative ways to leverage our brands to establish intimacy and engender loyalty among consumers. The successful candidate will have strong consumer brand building experience, a general manager mentality, a demonstrated creative and disruptive growth mindset, agile decision-making abilities, strong influence and cross functional team leadership skills, and effective stakeholder management abilities.
- Review brand strategies, including brand positioning; consumer and competitive targets; pricing; and executional requirements to deliver performance goals.
- Progress differentiated creative and promotional strategies to expand opportunities, capitalizing on consumer trends and brand permissions.
- Execute brand marketing disciplines to enhance brand equity, including category and brand business plans with full P&L; consumer loyalty; customer relationships; marketing communications (print, digital, social, PR, events); and analytics.
- Deliver aspirational consumer experiences across all marketing and consumer engagement channels.
- Support annual operating planning, 3-year strategic planning, and brand planning calendars, including budget management and performance reporting.
- Manage business partnership with Sales, Distributors and key on- and off-trade retail partners.
- Engage Consumer and Strategic analytics teams to turn insights into top and bottom-line results.
- Champion the ideation, development and launch of new products. Energize and motivate the organization around both near-term priorities and long-term strategies.
- Grow, coach and develop the Brand Management Team
- Ensure team has the capabilities required to deliver the business strategy, while providing challenging and aspirational career growth for individual team members.
- Cultivate a values-based, high performance, and consumer obsessed culture.
Professional Experience / Qualifications:
The successful candidate will have significant experience in elevating brands to new levels in innovative growth environments. He / She will bring a proven track record of leadership and strategic growth across an integrated, consumer-centric brand management function. Their background should combine sound analytic grounding, omnichannel perspective and strategic acumen from top consumer products companies.
Prospective candidates must be capable of working in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment where creativity, intuition and relationship management are important. Other desired experience / qualifications include:
- BA/BS required
- MBA highly desired
- Minimum 10+ years brand management in senior position with a significant role in brand/market strategy
- Multicultural marketing experience is highly desirable
- Proven track record of performance in an organization that is regarded for superior products / services and an innovative approach to the market
- Strong culture and team development, including leadership, communication, interpersonal skills and demonstrated team building are essential
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills, including across internal functions (ex. sales, ops, finance,) and external (distributors, customers)
- Strong focus on profitability and brand growth
- Solid Trade and consumer focus
- Proven desire and ability to think creatively coupled with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational, ability to prioritize, excellent project management skills, and solid financial acumen
- Successful candidate will be a very motivated self-starter and be able to work without daily guidance
Submit Your Resume to Be Considered for Future Openings
MarketPro has partnered with an high-growth industry leader with a rich history of supporting the automotive, industrial, and architectural industries searching for their Vice President, Marketing (B2B).Apply Here Today!
Learn More about Marketing Executive Search
MarketPro is proud to support our clients' supplier diversity initiatives as a Woman-Owned Small Business.